Are you thinking of purchasing a suitable latex mattress for a comfortable sleeping experience? The last few decades have witnessed a considerable increase in the popularity of latex mattresses. The reason is that these mattresses are not only comfortable and durable but also eco-friendly and hypoallergenic. Nevertheless, with so many choices available in the market, it can be quite daunting to select the best latex mattresses, especially if you have no prior experience. But the good news is we have covered this issue for you.
This article provides a roundup review of the best latex mattresses in the UK along with a complete buying guide. By the end of this write-up, you will be ready to choose the right mattress that perfectly meets your needs.
Top 5 Best Latex mattress
|Best Value||Laytech Fresh Latex
|Una MattressTM Organic Essential
|Impressions Laytech Memory latex
|Sealy Posturetech Supreme
Top pick – Marcapiuma
If you are looking for a latex mattress that is breathable, free of harmful chemicals, and non-allergenic, then this product will be an ideal choice. It features seven distinct comfort zones and a high-density reinforced central structure to ensure maximum comfort and support when sleeping. This feature also quickly adapts to your body’s contours, thereby ensuring a favourable spinal alignment.
When it comes to firmness, this mattress has an excellent medium-firm that is comfortable and pleasant to lie on the bed. Temperature and humidity is probably a potential culprit for making you toss and turn when you sleep. Thanks to its breathable double holes, you do not need to worry about this issue.
Another essential attribute of this mattress is that it is non-allergenic and anti-bacterial. Hence, it makes it suitable for people living with asthma or suffering from any skin sensitivity. Additionally, it comes with OEKO-TEX certification, which means it is free of harmful chemicals.
- The cover is removable and machine washable.
- It has anti-bacterial and non-allergenic properties.
- It reduces partner disturbance.
- It is available in several size dimensions.
- It offers proper spinal support.
- It provides an optimal weight distribution.
- Ten years of warranty.
- Free delivery throughout the UK.
- Some users have reported that the cover produces a foul odour.
- It can be relatively soft for heavyweight users.
- No free trial.
Best Value – Laytech Fresh Latex
If you are looking for a budget-friendly latex mattress, then this product is for you. Despite being cheap, this mattress comes with top-quality materials and allows a comfortable sleeping experience. It is a hybrid mattress consisting of 140-millimetre reflex foam and 10-millimetre of latex foam. The unique thing about these materials is that they do not make you feel sink deep or capture heat like memory foam.
Another essential feature of this mattress is that they will deliver it in vacuum packed and rolled instead of flat shape. If you have purchased a foam mattress before, you understand how challenging it is to take upstairs. Additionally, it features sanitised fabric with hypoallergenic and anti-dust mite properties.
- It is significantly affordable.
- It is available in several size options.
- It has no-slip and no-roll properties.
- Removable cover.
- It comes in vacuum packed and rolled for more comfortable movements.
- It is a perfect choice for asthma and allergies users.
- Medium-firm mattress.
- Made in the UK.
- Five years of warranty.
- Free delivery.
- Some users recommended providing more precise instruction.
- Some users have reported that the delivery service was poor.
- It does not have free returns.
- No free trial.
Una Mattress Organic Essential
This product is another excellent latex mattress in the UK, especially if you are looking for certified organic materials. The materials used in the construction of this mattress are 100 percent natural, which means it is free of harmful chemicals. Besides, it comes with ten years of warranty length, thereby giving you peace of mind.
When it comes to picking the right mattress, the best to decide if a mattress is right for you is by actually sleeping on it. Thanks to its 100 nights free trial. You can test this mattress within this period to check whether it is suitable for you. However, the best thing I like about this mattress is arranging the layers depending on your needs.
- It is an eco-friendly mattress.
- It has several mattress models.
- It features seven comfort zones to ensure an optimal sleeping experience.
- You can adjust the firmness to customise the level of comfort.
- It has a 100 nights trial.
- Free delivery and returns.
- Ten years of warranty.
- It is quite heavy.
- It is relatively pricey.
Impressions Laytech Memory
This product is quite similar to the previous mattress, given that they are from the same brand. Nevertheless, if you are looking for a luxurious latex mattress, then you should consider this product. Another essential difference comes with material construction and depth. It features a 70-millimetre of Visco elastic memory foam, 130-millimeter of reflex foam, and 50-millimetre of latex foam. Hence, you will enjoy an outstanding level of support and comfort when sleeping on this mattress.
Besides, you will have a hard time looking for the right size for this mattress. Thanks to its wide range of sizes.
- It comes with hypoallergenic and anti-dust mite features.
- The removable cover allows for easy washing.
- It conforms to the British fire regulation.
- The warranty length is for five years.
- Free shipping.
- It is not the right option if you are looking for an affordable mattress.
- It does not mention anything about trial length.
Sealy Posturetech Supreme Mattress
This product is another excellent option in the UK if you are looking for a firmer mattress. It features latex fillings, which allow the bed to recover its shape despite continuous movements. It also features hand-tufted fabric to ensure firmness and durability. Additionally, you will also get some bounce as it comes with 522 traditional springs.
However, the best thing about this mattress is that it is available in a wide range of sizes. Essential, there is the single, small double, double, king, and super king. As such, you can easily find the right size that meets your needs. Additionally, it is a hypoallergenic mattress, which makes it a confident choice for all.
- It comes with a free mattress protector.
- It maintains a natural spinal position.
- Comfortable and supportive.
- It reduces back pain.
- Top customer satisfaction.
- It offers several size options.
- Free delivery.
- Ten years of warranty.
- It is not the best option for people who want a softer mattress.
- It does not mention anything about free trial length.
To sum up, choosing the best latex mattress is not a straightforward process, given that there are several options available in the market. To minimise your confusion, we have reviewed some of the best products. Each of them is unique and has its advantages and disadvantages. As such, we cannot provide a definite conclusion on the overall winner. The reason is that our sleeping needs significantly vary from one person to another. Additionally, we need to consider other factors such as weight, gender, and sleeping position.
Nevertheless, if we are to choose one, we would opt for the Una Mattress. This mattress comes with certified organic materials, which means it is free of harmful chemicals. Moreover, the manufacturer offers a bonus of a 100-night free trial.
Purchasing the best latex mattress in the UK is not as simple as you might think. It is one of the essential investments that can considerably impact your sleeping experience. Remember, you are not buying a mattress to use for one or two years. Hence, it would help if you did not take it lightly when buying the best latex mattresses unless you want to experience sleepless nights. Several factors come into play before blindly choosing a latex mattress. This section will discuss some essential aspects of latex mattresses, which will help you choose the best product.
Choosing the best latex mattresses: buyer’s guide
Experts say that an individual will spend a 3rd of his life sleeping on the bed. As such, choosing the right latex mattress that meets your requirements becomes significantly essential. The first thing to consider when buying the best latex mattress comes with its type: Dunlop, Talalay, Natural, Hybrid, and Blended. You can click on this link to know more about the types and their functionality. The following points are some other necessary things that you should keep in mind when looking for the best latex mattress:
Sleeping positions significantly vary from person to person. You should note that many manufacturers design mattresses based on different sleeping styles. Hence, you should first know your sleeping position before blindly choosing a latex mattress. The following are the three common types of sleepers:
- Back sleepers: Back sleepers’ main concern comes with maintaining a suitable spinal alignment. In other words, the mattress should reduce pressure points on the hips and neck while sleeping. So if you are a back sleeper, you should consider a latex mattress that offers enough support and softness.
- Side sleepers: One of the characteristics of side sleepers is that they keep changing their sleeping position. As such, a medium-soft mattress will be an excellent choice for them.
- Stomach sleepers: We do not recommend a soft or medium-firm mattress for this type of sleeper. The reason is that it will make them sink deeper when sleeping. If you are a stomach sleeper, then look for a medium-firm or extra-firm mattress.
- Be familiar with your weight:
You might be thinking that your weight has nothing to do with choosing a latex mattress. But that is entirely not correct. Remember, your weight will considerably influence the mattress’ level of comfort, support, cooling feel, and sink. But you might be asking, “How do we find the right mattress based on your weight?” The good news is that most mattresses come with a recommended bodyweight.
- Consider removable and washable cover:
If you want to keep your mattress clean and fresh, we recommend looking for a latex mattress that comes with a removable and washable cover.
- Check the warranty:
You should note that a quality mattress will always come with a warranty, which can range from five to ten years. The advantage of warranty length is that you can return or replace your new mattress if it gets damaged or breaks down.
- Look for free delivery and return policy:
Cost is an essential aspect when it comes to buying a latex mattress. It is because latex mattresses are usually more expensive compared to other types due to their outstanding quality. So you would not want any additional expenses. As such, you should consider mattresses that offer free delivery and returns.
Additionally, some mattresses feature a free trial period, which will allow you to try out your new mattress before actually buying it.
Advantages of buying the best latex mattress
The benefits of buying the best latex mattress are ten-fold. Following are some of them:
- Durability: One of the essential benefits of a latex mattress comes with durability. Unlike memory foam, natural latex mattresses have an average lifespan of more than ten years without losing its original shape. In other words, purchasing a high-quality mattress is a long-term investment.
- Eco-friendly: Latex mattresses are the only mattresses that come with eco-friendly materials. Besides, natural latex is readily biodegradable.
- Hypoallergenic: Another benefit of latex mattresses is that they are non-allergenic and antimicrobial. It means it can prevent the growth of mould, dust mites, and mildew, which are allergens. For this reason, latex mattresses become an excellent choice for people with asthma or people who do have time to sanitise their mattresses.
- Bounce: Of course, this aspect is a matter of personal preference. Nevertheless, latex mattresses are popular for excellent bounce feel, which is potentially useful for having sex. Additionally, it will allow you to move or switch positions when you sleep.
- No stuck feeling: One common issue that many memory foam users experience is getting stuck while sleeping. But with latex mattresses, you do not need to worry about this issue. The reason is that a latex mattress has a responsive surface and provides excellent pressure relief without a deep sink feeling.
- Free of harmful chemicals: These mattresses are also free of toxic chemicals; thus, it does not pose any health complications.
- It would help if you considered rotating your new latex mattress every six months. It will ensure even distribution of body pressure throughout your mattress.
- If a spill happens on the core, then we recommend gentle spot cleaning using a damp cloth.
- You should avoid exposing your latex mattress to sunlight without the cover. The reason is that it will shorten the lifespan.
- To increase the breathability, you should never block the underside of the mattress.
- Lastly, it will be best to follow the instructions provided by the manufacturers.