Are you in doubt whether you should purchase a mattress in-store or online? Well, we can clarify your doubt to help you make a decision.
When you purchase a mattress in-store, you get to select from the wide variety, test the product physically, and know what you’re buying. Whereas buying a mattress online means more options, and you get to set a budget accordingly, but you cannot try a product before purchasing.
Since mattresses are not cheap, it begs the question of whether it’s best to purchase them online or in-store. Without a doubt, no one would ever want to spend a good amount of money on the wrong mattress. And though you can always return the product for not meeting your standards, it can cause inconvenience.
Whether you decide to purchase a mattress online or in-store, it both comes with advantages and disadvantages. So without further delay, let’s get to the point.
Buying a mattress in a retail stores
If you belong to the category of virtually visiting a store to buy a mattress, chances are you’ll be heading home satisfied with your purchase. And the reason is apparent because you get the opportunity to try out the product before buying them. Some people don’t want to take the risk of making a big purchase online and thus choose the traditional way of shopping. The reason is valid because you want to know if you’re buying a product worth the price or you prefer having a salesperson guide you through the decision-making process. The bonus point is that you get to negotiate the price in stores, but only if it’s a local store.
Whatever the reason may be, it’s a personal choice, and no one can tell you where you should buy. Experts recommend spending at least 20 minutes lying on the mattress, shifting positions to know if it meets your comfort and preferences for a store purchase. So if you’re taking that route, you’ll be spending a few hours visiting the stores to find your choice. Moreover, purchasing a mattress from stores brings additional costs as the operating expenses such as the rent, employees, advertising all comes down to the price.
Advantages and disadvantages of buying a mattress in stores
- There’s not much difference when it comes to satisfaction about purchasing a mattress in stores or online.
- You get to try the product before making a purchase.
- A knowledgeable salesperson helps you make a better choice.
- You get professional advice.
- Most stores offer return policies.
- The quality of mattresses in-store is much better.
- Easy and fast delivery.
- They help you get rid of your old mattress.
- A salesperson can sometimes push you to buy an expensive product to add to their commission.
- Lying on a mattress for 20 minutes in front of a salesperson and other customers can be uncomfortable.
- In-store mattresses are high-priced with additional costs.
- You don’t get to see the reviews of other customers unlike, online shopping.
- Only limited products are available in stores due to limited space.
Buying a mattress online
Purchasing a mattress online has become increasingly popular, especially with the invention of the bed-in-a-box that gets delivered straight to your door. If you’re unaware, online mattress brands are in high favour, and more people consider it a smart move. It might make less sense to some people to purchase a mattress online instead of going to the store and trying out the product first. But there’s not much difference and buying a mattress online comes with more benefits.
When you purchase online, you get to sit in the comfort of your home, browse through numerous options, set a budget, and order at your convenience. You can swipe through multiple websites, compare prices, and check the firmness level without the pressure of a salesperson trying to sell you the product. The added benefit is customer reviews allow you to make a better choice. And even if you purchase from a store, it’s best to do some research online before heading to buy one.
In addition, you don’t have to worry about the trouble of getting a mattress delivered to your door. And online stores are much cheaper compared to retail stores because online, it’s always raining discounts. Admittedly everyone loves to grab a good deal, and you pay 15% less online. Even if the mattress doesn’t suit your comfort, it’s always easy to return it. That being said, most manufacturers online offer a free trial period with a 100% refund, so you don’t suffer any loss. If you need assistance online, chatbots are available to guide you.
If the mattress comes with a good warranty, without a doubt, the mattress is of better quality.
Advantages and disadvantages of purchasing a mattress online
- Coupons and offers are always available. And mostly during festivals, you get to grab a good deal.
- There are endless products available for you to compare prices on various brands.
- You don’t have to jump from store to store awkwardly lying on products testing them.
- It saves time and energy.
- The product gets delivered to your doorstep, and most retailers help you assemble the mattress during delivery.
- You can easily ask for a refund or exchange.
- Customer reviews are there to help you decide before buying a product.
- There’s no pressure from the salesperson hovering around you selling a product.
- Most online stores offer free shipping and delivery.
- You don’t get to try a product before purchasing.
- You don’t get professional help, so you have to decide on your own.
- Purchasing a mattress online doesn’t help you to get rid of your old mattress.
- To return the mattress, some retailers might pick the mattress from your home. But for large online retailers, you may have to pack the mattress and take it to the courier by yourself.
- You don’t get the advantage of examining the quality of the mattress.
- You don’t know how it will support your body or sleeping position.