Finding the perfect mattress is like finding a needle in a haystack! I’m saying this out of personal experience. I spent months researching and trying out multiple beds. But, things changed when a dear friend introduced me to Dormeo mattresses. Read my thoughts and check out my Dormeo mattress reviews to find out which make is best for you!
Plus Mattress – $529.99 – $899.99
- Breathable Ecocell foam
- Anti-dust mite
The Dormeo Memory Plus mattress is one of my top picks for many reasons. It reached my doorstep vacuum packed in a shockingly small box. It is one of the bed-in-a-box mattresses by Dormeo. Some of its pros and cons are:
- It is incredibly affordable for people like me who don’t wish to break a bank to own a quality mattress.
- It has a medium firmness that worked great for side-sleepers like me.
- It comes encased in a beautiful “Florentine stitch” cover that has antimicrobial, anti-dust mite properties.
- It has two layers of memory foam, topped by an “ecocell layer” that gives ventilated experience.
- The layer ensures that the mattress doesn’t get damp even if you sweat. It works well for sleepers who tend to sweat at night.
- It comes with an extra layer of memory foam for additional comfort and support.
- It comes with a 60-night money-back guarantee.
- The cover is non-removable
- The mattress can be relatively thin for heavier weighted people.
- The mattress does not come with handles for more effortless movements.
- The memory foam can emit a chemical smell for the first few days of its use.
Most Customisations : Dormeo S Plus Memory Foam Mattress
S Plus – $399.99 – $699.99
- Customisable mattress core
- 3 body zones
- Breathable Octaspring®
Plenty of reviewers love this mattress after using it for a few weeks. If you like to sleep on a soft mattress or a slightly firmer mattress. This mattress fulfils both desires. Some of its pros and cons are:
- It comes with two ecocell layers- a soft layer and a firmer layer with a memory foam sandwiched between the layers.
- Users can flip the mattress depending on firmness they prefer.
- The cover can be unzipped, and the mattress split into two with varying levels of firmness.
- It has an S-shaped core that mimics the natural curve of the spine for extra support. I liked this feature since I am a side-sleeper.
- It gives you the flexibility to choose your comfort and support by flipping the mattresses or rotating from head to toe.
- The Octaspring technology of the memory foam gives it eight times higher breathability than traditional foam.
- The climalite cover comes infused with silver to avoid dampness at night.
- It can take time to figure out the firmer and softer sides
- Few users may find the mattress to be not firm or not soft enough.
Best Hybrid : Dormeo Options Hybrid Mattress
Macoda – $399.99 – $699.99
- Hybrid Mattress
- Up to 728 Pocket Springs
- Individual wrapped pocket springs
The Dormeo Options Hybrid mattress gives you the comfort of memory foam and the support of pocket springs. The feature that I liked the most is the minimal transfer of movement. This works great for sleepers, who usually move a lot while sleeping. Some of the pros and cons of this mattress are:
- The pressure-relieving memory foam contours to the shape and weight of your body.
- The pocketed springs provide breathability and superior level of comfort.
- It is an excellent choice for couples that have significant weight differences. The springs move independently of each other, giving personalised support.
- The ecocell layer ensures to keep moisture out of the mattress.
- The air mesh on the sides provides ample air circulation. It allows you to sleep comfortably at the right temperature.
- It comes with a no-flip, and rotate design for convenience.
- This mattress can be a little expensive for some
- Few users have experienced sweaty night because of the memory foam layer.
- The memory foam layer may be too soft for those who prefer firmer mattresses.
Best for allergies: Dormeo Aloe Vera Deluxe Memory Foam Mattress
Dormeo – $309.99 – $459.99
- Aloe vera enriched
- Breathable Ecocell foam
Imagine sleeping on a mattress that naturally rejuvenates and soothes your skin! The Aloe Vera Deluxe Memory Foam mattress by Dormeo is the most luxurious and deepest memory foam mattress in its range. Some of its pros and cons are:
- It gives you a combination of natural healing properties of aloe vera with pressure-relieving memory foam comfort.
- It is an excellent pick for people who have asthma or sensitive to allergens.
- The softcover has infused aloe vera and comes with antimicrobial, antifungal, anti-dust mite properties.
- It combines two layers of memory foam and ecocell layer for a supportive and a well-ventilated sleep.
- The memory foam conforms to your body shape and remembers it. It bounces back to its original form every night.
- It comes with 60 nights money-back guarantee.
- It comes rolled and vacuum packed for ease of transport and sealed for freshness.
- The mattress is 20 cm thick, which is quite thick for the price range it comes in.
- The mattress can be too soft for those who sleep on their backs
- The chemical smell of the foam can last for days.
-- : Dormeo Octasmart Deluxe Memory Foam Mattress
Octasmart – $249.99 – $399.99
- 2 Choices of Fee
- Octaspring® Technology
- Aerocell® Base
The Octasmart Deluxe Memory Foam mattress works well for any sleeping position. But, it worked great for a few customers who sleep on their back. It is also well-suited for light-weighted people. Some of its pros and cons are:
- It features the award-winning Octaspring aerospace technology by Dormeo.
- It comprises of three layers- double-thick memory foam layer on top, ecocell base layer and the Octasmart layer in-between.
- Another feature I loved here is the three zonings support it gives. There are three zones of varying firmness to support the shoulders, back and hips.
- The Octasprings technology keeps the natural airflow going. It helps in keeping you three degrees more relaxed throughout the night.
- The softcover of the mattress is anti-allergenic, anti-dust mite and has antimicrobial properties.
- This mattress is only 19 cm thick, and lightweight.
- The memory foam is deeper and softer, thus giving you extra cushioning while sleeping.
- It comes with a 60 nights money-back guarantee.
- Isn’t recommended for heavier weighted individuals
- It has a chemical smell for the first few days.
Out of all the Dormeo mattresses reviews, my favourite picks having the overall best combination in price and quality is the Dormeo Memory Plus Mattress. It’s excellent for anyone on a budget while wanting no compromise on quality.
The thick memory foam feels soft and comfortable to give you undisturbed sleep every night. Though this mattress works best for side-sleepers, individuals with other sleeping positions can also enjoy its comfort.
The ecocell layer of the mattress keeps it well ventilated, and more relaxed to avoid sweaty nights. I didn’t have to worry about microbes or dust accumulation since the cotton covers come protected. They have anti-dust mite, antifungal and antimicrobial properties.
Overall, the Dormeo Memory Plus mattress stood out first against its competitors when tested on quality, budget, durability, and comfort.
However, if you are looking for an alternative check out our UK Nectar mattress review.
Deciding on which mattress to buy while staying under a budget is not easy. There may be a gazillion questions on your head right now. I understand your confusion because I was there once. But don’t worry! I have answered a few questions here that may help you in concluding soon enough.
- Do I need a mattress?
Did you know that 40% of our lives are spent in bed? The NBF (National Bed Federation) of the UK recommended that we change our mattresses every seven years. Therefore, making sure that you sleep on the correct mattress is paramount to a healthy lifestyle.
Another point to remember here is: if you wake up with a backache that lasts for more than five minutes, then it’s time to assess your mattress.
- What are the different kinds of mattresses available?
When I first began my search, I was overwhelmed by the choices I came across. There are many different kinds of mattresses, each with their qualities. You need to pick the one depending on what suits your needs. I have listed some of the types that I think is currently trending in the market. Dormeo has all these types under different designs, budgets and sizes.
- Memory Foam
Memory foam mattresses are becoming popular these days because of the comfort level it delivers. It is an excellent choice for those who prefer beds that give a “sinking in” feeling. Memory foam conforms to your body shape and weight. The foam bounces back once you remove the weight. It is a top pick for most of the side sleepers.
- Latex mattress
A latex mattress is similar to memory foam in its properties, but latex is a natural bedding solution for allergy sufferers. Latex mattresses provide pressure relief and contouring like memory foam, but not so much. It has a firmer feel and is more breathable than memory foam.
- Pocket Sprung Mattress
A pocket sprung mattress has individual pockets of spring sewn together in fabric pockets. These mattresses provide total body support with no transfer of movement. Each spring pocket responds only to the pressure applied to that area, giving good personalised support.
- Hybrid mattress
As the name suggests, the Hybrid mattress comprises pocket springs, latex, and memory foam. It gives you the firmness and support of pocket springs while delivering the comfort and softness of memory foam and latex. It is the right choice for those who want the best of everything.
- Octaspring mattress
The patent Octaspring technology by Dormeo revolutionised the mattress industry. The Octaspring line of mattresses features the support and cooling of springs and pressure relief of foam. These mattresses are eight times more breathable than traditional memory foam.
- Which type of mattress should I choose?
Choosing the right type of mattress may take considerable time and energy. I went through a lot of trials and errors before finding the right one. However, there are a few basic things that you should consider before diving into one.
For instance, the type of mattress you choose should complement your sleeping position. For example, if you sleep on your back, then a medium-firm mattress would be good for you. Hence, a pocket sprung mattress would feel more comfortable on your back.
Likewise, for a side-sleeper like me, a mattress with excellent cushioning is crucial. There should not be intense pressure on the arms while sleeping. The mattress should keep the spine in its natural curvature, by aligning your head, buttocks, shoulders and heel. Therefore, I chose a memory foam mattress since the mattress moulds itself to my body’s curvature.
- Why choose Dormeo?
With so many mattress brands flooding the market, I didn’t know which one to choose first. As mentioned above, I decided to try Dormeo mattresses because of a friend’s recommendation. Much to my surprise, I was impressed by the options and price range of Dormeo mattresses available. Some of the Dormeo mattress features that I liked are:
- Craftsmanship: The Octaspring mattress design by Dormeo is one of a kind. It provides excellent support to its users. Dormeo also takes extra efforts in taking care of people suffering from asthma or allergies. All of Dormeo’s mattresses have cotton covers sanitised to protect against fungi, dust mites, and bacteria. Some of them have aloe-vera infusions, thus providing hypoallergenic and antimicrobial products.
- Budget range: Dormeo often offers exclusive discounts all year round to its customers. Therefore, you can grab some of its top-quality mattresses at an affordable price.
- Firmness: The range of firmness of Dormeo mattresses range between medium-soft to firm. This range can fit most sleepers. A study in Spain showed that a medium-to-firm mattress suited best for people with lower back pain.