If you own a vacation residence or want to rent your home, you sure would be looking for the best mattress to let your guests have a comfortable rest. So, are you in search of the best mattress for Airbnb? We’ve got your back!
When it comes to Airbnb, the best mattress is one that’s affordable and durable, with a comfort level that suits almost every body type and is adjustable for all kinds of sleepers.
In addition, you’ll also get to know:
- What size bed should you get for a guest room?
- What to Look For in a Mattress?
- How can I boost Airbnb?
And many more!
Top Pick: Nectar Memory Foam Mattress
This memory foam mattress from Nectar stands as our #1 product and is also one of our favourite and highly recommended mattresses. Nectar’s bed-in-a-box is a medium-firm measuring 6.5 on the firmness scale and is 25 cm thick. Plus, it comes with free bedding accessories and is available in six sizes, from single to super king.
Its five comfort layers include a cooling cover, two support layers, base foam, and base material. The top is a quilted cooling material that helps you stay cool. Then comes a highly breathable dynamic support layer for added support and bounce, which regulates your body temperature.
Next is a pressure-relieving memory foam that supports your body by relieving pressure points. Then a durable, supportive base with 7 different support zones supporting the mattress. Lastly, the base material keeps the bed in the proper place.
As an award-winning mattress, it does provide adequate support to the body with its adaptive memory foam that helps relieve pressure points around the shoulder, hips and legs, keeping the spine aligned. It also isolates motion transfer that allows you to sleep comfortably without disturbance.
Nectar mattress is 100% carbon neutral without any toxic materials and is non-allergenic, suitable for all, and its foams are CertiPUR approved. In addition, its top cooling cover is washable at 60C.
This bed-in-a-box comes with a rare offer of a risk-free 365-night trial that gives you one whole year to decide if it works for you. The added benefit is that it comes with a forever warranty which is a win-win for someone looking for a mattress to accommodate guests.
For detailed information, you can also refer to our Nectar mattress review.
What is the best mattress for a guest bed?
When it comes to a mattress for guests, comfort and good sleep are essential, right? With that in mind, if you run a guesthouse, a supportive bed that works well with various sleeping positions makes the best mattress, without a doubt.
You can opt for a medium-firm mattress as it works well with all body types and a hypoallergenic foam to make it more comfortable for allergy-sensitive guests.
Do hotels use foam or spring mattresses?
Usually, it depends on the standard of the hotel, and choices vary. Luxury hotels mostly use high-quality pillow-top or hybrid mattresses to meet the demands of their guests, whereas most standard hotels go for basic beds. Most hotels use an innerspring or foam with medium and medium-firm, providing better support that meets all sleepers’ comfort.
Also, on the other hand, although memory foam is durable, it’s not preferred by many as they’re pretty soft, and they’re preferred mainly by people with joint or back problems. That being the case, innerspring is widely used in hotels as they provide enough support and comfort.
How much should I spend on a guest room mattress?
It would usually depend on your budget. But the good thing is that you don’t have to spend a lot of money and it’s also easier to choose.
Most mattresses are readily available below £1000, while high-quality mattresses can cost between £1000-£2000. However, if you want a mattress to last longer, it’s best to go for high-quality beds.
What bed size should you get for a guest room?
Well, it all comes down to the size of your room. If the room is spacious, you can certainly go for a king or queen size, but you can opt for a full-size bed if the room is smaller.
What Types of Mattresses Are Best for Airbnbs and Vacation Rental Properties?
Deciding on which type of mattress would be best can be challenging since there are various options. To keep it simple, a bed that suits all kinds of sleepers makes a suitable choice.
You can either opt for memory foam, hybrid, or latex, as they’re ideal for all types of sleepers and are durable. In addition, you can also go through mattress reviews online.
How To Pick The Best Airbnb Mattress?
To pick the best mattress, ensure that you go for the right firmness level. Avoid too soft or firm mattresses as they don’t work for all body types and are least preferred. Instead, opt for a bed with a medium-firm that works well with all kinds of sleepers.
Why Do You Need the Best Mattress for Airbnb?
The answer is simple. When you visit a hotel or are a guest at someone’s place, a night of comfortable sleep is what you need the most, right?
Similarly, you need the best mattress so that your guest can have a restful night. The bonus point is your generosity in going the extra mile in buying a high-quality mattress can make a big difference in getting a high rating on Airbnb.
How Do I Make My Mattress Last Longer?
You can increase the lifespan of your mattress by cleaning and maintaining the bed regularly. Here’s how you can do it:
- Always use a mattress protector.
- Ensure that the mattress is adequately supported.
- Wash the bedding regularly.
- Vacuum the mattress once in a while.
- Flip the mattress every three or six months according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Avoid jumping or bouncing in bed.
- Avoid eating food in bed.
How To Tell If Your Mattress Is Old?
Mattresses can last for up to 7 to 10 years but don’t work the same for all. It depends on the quality and material of the bed. Here’s how you can tell if your mattress is old:
- You wake up in the morning with a sore back and neck, and it does not provide support or comfort anymore.
- You’ve started to develop allergies.
- Your mattress is noticeably sagging.
- It starts to make squeaky noises.
How Long Should A Mattress Last?
Typically, a mattress can last for 7 to 10 years. However, its longevity can also depend on the materials used, mattress type, and body weight.
What to Look For in a Mattress?
Since purchasing a mattress is an expensive investment, there are a few things that you should remember while looking for a bed.
Here’s what you should look for
- Choose a mattress according to your body type, sleeping position, and the type of firmness you prefer.
- If you have sensitive skin, ensure that the mattress you’re looking for is hypoallergenic and free from toxic chemicals.
- Decide on the type of mattress you want before visiting a store and set the budget accordingly.
- You can lie on a mattress to check if it keeps your spine in a neutral position.
- Don’t go for beds that are too soft or too firm. Instead, choose a medium-firm mattress for better support and comfort.
- Look for well-known brands as they offer high-quality mattresses.
- Look for a mattress that provides a warranty for more days because the more extended the warranty, the better the quality.
How do I increase reviews on Airbnb?
As a host on Airbnb, good reviews become a priority because they allow more people to trust your service and attract potential customers. Plus, listings with more than 21 reviews are 71% occupied in Airbnb.
Here’s what you can do to increase reviews on Airbnb
- Be transparent about your service with accurate details.
- Provide detailed information about your location.
- Exceptional service means better reviews.
- Respond to your guests on time.
- Leave a welcome note for your guests.
- Use recent photographs on the listing.
- Offer the best amenities such as clean fitted sheets, smart TV, WiFi, or anything that makes your service stand out.
- Complimentary gifts can go a long way.
How do you get a 5-star review on Airbnb?
In a community where ratings and reviews play a crucial part in your business, 5-star reviews can be a game-changer. But the problem is that even minor mistakes can significantly impact the overall rating of your services.
Here’s how you can get a 5-star review
- Be honest and walk the talk.
- Don’t hurt your guest’s expectations.
- Provide modern amenities.
- Set a reasonable price.
- Provide a detailed description without false advertising.
How vital are Airbnb reviews?
Airbnb reviews are vital because they can help you stand out with more credibility and a sense of trust. With good reviews, it can invite more guests to your place with an increased number of bookings. For example, as a customer, before purchasing a product online, we generally look for ratings and reviews before we make a final call, so is the case for Airbnb reviews. The reviews can either make or break your business.
What percentage of people leave reviews on Airbnb?
About 72% of guests leave reviews on Airbnb.
What are the problems with Airbnb?
If you’re a host at Airbnb one day or the other, you’ll be facing some significant problems because in a community with billions of users, they’re bound to happen. So the best way is to know beforehand the most common issues and handle such situations professionally.
Some significant problems with Airbnb
- Dealing with a bad review: Satisfying a customer is not an easy task. Dealing with bad reviews is one of the most common problems—however, it’s best to stay calm and address the problem politely with an apology.
- Damage of property: The worst-case scenario is finding a damaged item or property that can end up in an uncomfortable situation. As a host, you would want to avoid such problems at all costs, but it’s unavoidable. In such a case, you can take pictures as evidence and contact Airbnb.
- Loud noises: Most guests might not find it pleasing to have noisy neighbours, especially during nighttime. However, as a host, it becomes your responsibility to calm down the situation by requesting your neighbours to keep it down. But if it doesn’t go as planned, you can always register a complaint at your local police station.
- Last-minute cancellation: For a host, receiving a last-minute cancellation can be an unpleasant experience. You might want to set up strict policies, but it might also negatively impact your business in the long run. To deal with such issues, ensure that you get detailed information about your guest before agreeing to rent your place.
How do I increase my booking rate on Airbnb?
Airbnb has been in the business for quite some time now, but the competition gets more challenging with more property owners joining the field. So if you want to increase your booking rate, you can try some of these tips.
Few tips to increase Airbnb booking rate
- Ensure that you have completed the necessary information details on your profile.
- Put up a clear description of your property with facilities and high-quality photos.
- Try to keep your price fair by competing with your rivals.
- Stay updated with your calendar. The more active you are, the higher the chances of being seen in search rankings.
- Be available 24/7 to respond to queries for your guests.
- Renovate your rental property creatively.
- Reply to your guest’s reviews.
- Keep yourself updated.
Why am I not getting any bookings on Airbnb?
There could be various reasons for not getting bookings on Airbnb, such as using low-quality photos, or high-priced etc. Let’s have a look.
Reasons why you’re not getting any bookings on Airbnb
- Stringent requirements or rules.
- Excessive fee.
- Old furniture.
- No calendar update.
- Unresponsive to queries.
You’ve got a great property, in a great location, but still, struggle to get bookings?
If this is your case, then maybe a few changes and fixes can set it right.
Here’s what you can do
- Optimize your price every day depending on the season, property area, etc.
- If you’re new to the business, start with a low price to attract potential customers.
- Try improving the quality of the pictures to high resolution.
- Think twice about the title of your list.
- Rewrite your description.
- Always respond to public reviews.
- Make a booklet or guide for the guests with informative details on the attractions or famous places.
Why improve your Airbnb rating & reviews?
It’s essential to improve your rating & reviews to help guests make wiser decisions while also being confident that they will enjoy their stay. Statistics show that 10% of top properties in Blackpool, UK, with a high review score (4.8+), received high ROI (Return Of Investment), and those with a review score of >4.5 reached a daily rate of 38% higher. In addition, with the increase in positive reviews, you’re likely to make more earnings.
Best Value: Noa Mattress
Noa’s hybrid mattress stands as our best value product as it’s priced reasonably with high-quality materials providing excellent support. This medium-firm mattress is available in five sizes measuring 7/10 on the firmness scale.
Noa uses premium materials that are all REACH certified and are low in VOCs (Volatile Organic Compound). One unique feature about the Noa mattress is that the foam layers are bound with water-based adhesive to reduce heat retention and keep you cool.
This bed-in-a-box consists of 7 layers.
- A hand-tufted breathable Tencel cover for a soft, comfortable feel that has antibacterial and hypoallergenic properties.
- A layer of open-cell latex for more bounce, support, and enhances breathability.
- A layer of premium gel-infused memory foam that contours your body for deep pressure relief.
- An adaptive transitional foam that helps minimize motion transfer.
- Premium pocket springs that allow adequate airflow, breathability and excellent bounce.
- A high-density support foam to prevent the mattress from sagging and
- Lastly, a base that supports the mattress.
If you’re unable to decide between a foam and spring mattress for your guests, this Noa hybrid makes a suitable choice. Noa’s bed is free from harmful chemicals with eco-friendly materials, making it ideal for all and comes at excellent value. The manufacturer recommends rotating the mattress every 3-6 months.
It comes with a 100-night trial and 15 years warranty. You can also read our Noa mattress review.
Best Budget: Argos
Argos is home to an extensive collection of products and high-end mattresses with medium to medium-firm. They have over 16 different mattress brands such as Silentnight, Tempur, Simba, etc., including their brand, Argos Home.
Argos’ mattresses are available in 13 variants, and among them, we recommend the Argos Hybrid 2400 Mattress. This mattress is one of the three most expensive mattresses in their collection. This hybrid mattress comes in three sizes (single, double, king), and they’re super affordable. Argos’ beds are made in the UK.
Their product description reads 1500 deep pocket springs with 900 mini pocket layers, but the confusion is that it also reads as 2411 springs (maybe this is an error on their part). This Argos mattress is a medium-firm bed that cannot be turned but has to be rotated regularly. Its pocket springs offer excellent body support, while its mini pocket springs absorb the body pressure and are topped off with a knitted cover of soft white fillings.
However, the downside is that it doesn’t have support layers which can cause the mattress to sag prematurely and comes with a 1-year guarantee, which is significantly less than other brands. Although it’s affordable, it lacks support and durability. It’s not a highly recommended product, but if you’re looking for a guest bed at lower prices, this mattress is pocket-friendly. You can read more at our Argos mattress review.
Best Luxury: Dreamcloud Hybrid Mattress
This DreamCloud luxury hybrid mattress is an award winner that offers luxurious comfort with premium layers available in four sizes with enhanced balance and support that keeps you comfortable all night.
It features a quilted cooling cover for maximum breathability, then a “Dream Plush” memory foam that contours your body, supporting your sleeping position. Plus, its comfort layer fully supports your body. It has premium springs with ActiveEdge support that helps minimize motion transfer which also supports around the edges. Lastly, the base layer absorbs motion and comes with added support.
This mattress is climate-neutral with a firmness level of 6.5, which relieves pressure points and helps keep your spine aligned. Additionally, it’s 100% carbon neutral and free from toxic materials. DreamCloud mattress comes with a 365-night trial and forever warranty.
Need more details? Here, DreamCloud mattress review.
Otty Hybrid Mattress
Otty is another award-winning hybrid mattress that combines 64% spring and 36% foam with innovative comfort layers. Otty foams are of high quality and free from toxic chemicals, making them suitable for allergy-sensitive people. This medium-firm bed comes in 9 sizes with a firmness level of 7. Plus, the foams are all Europur and CertiPUR approved.
Its top layer consists of a thick knitted cover that gives a soft comfort. The next layer is a temperature regulating memory foam, then comes a high-density reflex foam for extra comfort and support. It features 16 cm 2000 pocket springs that give the mattress its medium-firm comfort, minimizing motion transfer. It also features a unique airflow technology on the sides with firm edge support while also regulating temperature. Lastly, it has a durable HD foam base, which supports the mattress.
This mattress is suitable for people with health issues or back pains as it provides excellent support on the neck, shoulder, and hips which also offers exceptional comfort. In addition, the top cover is removable and washable at 40 degrees.
It comes with a 100-night trial with a full refund and a 10-year guarantee. You can also read our Otty mattress review.